"MAKE A CONFIDENT MISTAKE NOT A TIMID ATTEMPT"

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Stop and sketch

I had a little time to spare in town the other day, so decided to stop for  coffee.  That gave me a chance to OBSERVE people...and get some quick sketches done.  Certainly focuses the hand eye co-ordination when people constantly move AND move quickly.  You just have to go for it.  If you don't achieve the sketch, then be happy with what you have on paper, but try to REMEMBER  the person, then very often you can complete the sketch.

My sketch below was just the initial outline, enough information on shape and angle.  As the two people I had decided to capture, were still at their table, it gave me time to put in more detail.

However, if they had moved away, my initial sketch was enough for me to go from that and get at least something reasonable.








So with the extra detail - then watercolour added when I got home - here's my completed drawing 





Where I originally put the first figures, is where they remained, I built up the rest of the sketch from them.


🎨 🎨 🎨