"MAKE A CONFIDENT MISTAKE NOT A TIMID ATTEMPT"

Saturday 8 December 2018

Fabriano paper


Here's some guidance notes as to how I went about 
this recent painting




I painted this watercolour which measures 12" x 9".  Firstly, let me say that this is on Rough Fabriano Artistico 140lb paper.  It handles the wet-into-wet and is such a lovely technique don't you think!

Wetting the paper firstly with clear water and then, having already mixed my sky wash (French Ultramarine Blue) I dropped the paint into the dampened paper...ahhhh Bliss.  I worked my way down the sheet in a similar fashion, doing only the background ~ waited until it had all COMPLETELY DRIED before I painted William, with a mix of French Ultramarine Blue+Burnt Sienna (for those who are not aware, William is a Lurcher Sighthound)

Having completed the painting, I walked away for an hour or so, then came back to see if anything needed 'tweaking' - Fresh Eyes make it possible to spot adjustments.  Happy Painting everyone.

🎨🎨🎨